Reverse osmosis is similar to the membrane filtration treatment process. However there are key differences between reverse osmosis and filtration. The predominant removal mechanism in membrane filtration is straining, or size exclusion, so the process can theoretically achieve perfect exclusion of particles regardless of operational parameters such as influent pressure and concentration. RO (Reverse Osmosis), however involves a diffusive mechanism so that separation efficiency is dependent on influent solute concentration, pressure and water flux rate . It works by using pressure to force a solution through a membrane, retaining the solute on one side and allowing the pure solvent to pass to the other side. This is the reverse of the normal osmosis process, which is the natural movement of solvent from an area of low solute concentration, through a membrane, to an area of high solute concentration when no external pressure is applied.
Bio Pure KEN 2 R.O. Water Purification System
Bio Pure Ken 2 uses an advanced 5-stage Reverse Osmosis (R.O.) Purification System to remove virtually all types of contaminants, including bacteria and viruses, to produce perfectly pure drinking water (H2O) at 2 temperatures (hot and warm water).
· Instant hot water through a single heat-resistant safety faucet
· Insulated stainless steel reservoir material that is heat-resistant
· FDA-compliant ABS Food Grade reservoir material and airtight cover
· Fully automated functions of membrane self-cleaning, water level control, water refill and electronic shut-off
· Built-in bimetal device prevents overheating
· With child safety feature
· Patented design concealed in a unitary manifold provides easy maintenance, quality assurance and hygiene
· Patented booster pump regulate pressures and ensure constant production